Embedding principles into investment choices by screening out companies involved in certain industries, products or activities is challenging to implement thoughtfully. Unrefined approaches are overly restrictive, introducing unnecessary risk. OWL’s data-driven Principles-based Screening identifies companies that are meaningfully involved in the products/activities an investor wants to avoid.
Leveraging artificial intelligence technology, OWL ESG’s Principles-based Screening tool determines when a company’s actions materially conflicts with investors’ ethical priorities.
Apply both involvement and revenue-based thresholds to determine whether a company passes or fails a principles-based screen.
Determine if companies conduct business in countries that don’t respect human rights, demonstrate violence against their own citizens or the international community.
Discover if companies are involved in litigation or have been convicted of unlawful actions (with associated fines & penalties), involving corruption, human rights, labor, or the environment.
• Focus on your investable universe when applying principles-based screening that determines the extent of an entity’s involvement in a given activity, (for example, differentiate between companies that make alcoholic beverages and grocery stores that sell them).
Access a wide variety of screens, such as: Thermal Coal • Tobacco • Alcohol • Gambling • Animal Testing • Nuclear Power • Palm Oil • Fossil Fuels • GMO Products • Land Mines • Adult Entertainment • Fire Arms • Nuclear Weapons • Fracking
Other Owl Products
- About Us
- Consensus Scores
- ESG IQ DATA
- Index of all posts
- Join the OWL ESG Advisory Council
- Join the OWL ESG Deep Research Portal Beta Program
- OWL ESG Detailed Company Profiles
- PPC Get Started
- Principle-Based Screens
- Thank You
- Thank You For Joining
- Thank You For Your Interest
- White Paper: The State of ESG Disclosure Requirements Around the World
- Who We Serve
How Can We Help?
We work with all types of investment firms, corporations, and fintech platforms around the world. Find out how OWL can meet your need for ESG data and analytics today.
In our latest Armchair, Nate and Yates talk with Liz Simmie of Honeytree Investments.Read more
In our latest Armchair, Nate and Yates talk with Cris Banahan about the anatomy of a corporate sustainability report.Read more